Monday, December 19, 2011

Chia Seeds Are Not Just For Chia Pets- YOU CAN EAT THEM TOO!

 I first learned that Chia Seeds could be used for more than growing a Chia Pet when I read the book “Born To Run” by Christopher McDougall.  (side note*  that is a great book I highly recommend reading).  Back to Chia Seeds-  After I read the book and learned about Chia Seeds through internet searches, I followed suit of the many people who wanted to add Chia Seeds to their diet and ran to the store to buy some Chia Seeds.  Well, I didn’t literally run but I drove and purchased the Chia Seeds so I would have the energy and added nutrition to run.

 What is unique about Chia Seeds is that they provide a complete protein whereas most plants don’t.  Chia seeds contain all 9 essential amino acids.  They also contain fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids among other vitamins and minerals.  Here is some nutritional info and uses for the Chia Seeds:





 Here is a great blog that gives great recipes and ideas for using Chia Seeds.  Pick up the book “Born To Run” and you will be inspired, just like I was, to add them into your diet:




No comments:

Post a Comment